Food and beverage manufacturers have constantly been under pressure to ensure that the health standards are met and absolute compliance is achieved. Any deviations or non-compliance to these procedures not only incur fines and added cost to the companies but can also tarnish their reputation and the brand. It is therefore important that the F&B firms put in certain processes and procedures in place which can help ensure quality control and food safety. Acting proactively is better than acting reactively and Singapore POS will provide all these possible solutions.
A good ERP system is able to provide and centrally manage the following:
- Record data at every point throughout the supply chain.
- Ensure the availability of data for any audit trail.
- Track production related ingredients, both downstream and upstream.
Traceability happens to be the most important function in the F&B industry as it not only ensures food safety but also protects customers and is helpful in maintaining the company’s reputation and reducing any liabilities.
- Helps in effective management of hazards which are likely to impact food safety and health of animals.
- Product authenticity is guaranteed and absolute reliable information is passed on to the customers.
- Product quality is enhanced
A good ERP system helps in effective traceability and helps companies maintain quality levels and food safety driven by compliance. Here is how all this is achieved:
- Recall management – There are instances when the F&B manufacturers are required to quickly act and recall some batches if deemed unfit for consumption. Any delay in acting upon the same can have serious legal and economic repercussions. A good ERP system will enable the companies to plan the recall management effectively thus ensuring safety.
- Quality management – ERP systems help keep a track of the material and the ingredients the moment they get docked. There are automated quality control tools available in the ERP system which helps the management to find and react to any incidents which may be threat to food safety.
- Inventory Control – F&B firms need to ensure that they are able to track and maintain the expiry dates of the raw materials so that they are safe for consumption. All packaged products have a pre-determined life and the ERP system should be able to track and list the manufacturing and expiry dates of all products on shelves to ease picking and shipment of materials.