Food and beverage manufacturers have constantly been under pressure to ensure that the health standards are met and absolute compliance is achieved. Any deviations or non-compliance to these procedures not only incur fines and added cost to the companies but can also tarnish their reputation and the brand. It is therefore important that the F&B firms put in certain processes and procedures in place which can help ensure quality control and food safety. Acting proactively is better than acting reactively and Singapore POS will provide all these possible solutions.
A good ERP system is able to provide and centrally manage the following:
- Record data at every point throughout the supply chain.
- Ensure the availability of data for any audit trail.
- Track production related ingredients, both downstream and upstream.
Traceability happens to be the most important function in the F&B industry as it not only ensures food safety but also protects customers and is helpful in maintaining the company’s reputation and reducing any liabilities.
- Helps in effective management of hazards which are likely to impact food safety and health of animals.
- Product authenticity is guaranteed and absolute reliable information is passed on to the customers.
- Product quality is enhanced
A good ERP system helps in effective traceability and helps companies maintain quality levels and food safety driven by compliance. Here is how all this is achieved:
- Recall management – There are instances when the F&B manufacturers are required to quickly act and recall some batches if deemed unfit for consumption. Any delay in acting upon the same can have serious legal and economic repercussions. A good ERP system will enable the companies to plan the recall management effectively thus ensuring safety.
- Quality management – ERP systems help keep a track of the material and the ingredients the moment they get docked. There are automated quality control tools available in the ERP system which helps the management to find and react to any incidents which may be threat to food safety.
- Inventory Control – F&B firms need to ensure that they are able to track and maintain the expiry dates of the raw materials so that they are safe for consumption. All packaged products have a pre-determined life and the ERP system should be able to track and list the manufacturing and expiry dates of all products on shelves to ease picking and shipment of materials.
Human Resource Department
Various units come together to make an organization function successfully. Such units are called departments. Various departments are interlinked. Such as the manufacturing and packaging department are interlinked for a product after being manufactured needs to be packages in order to preserve it before delivery. Similarly the marketing and sales department are closely interlinked for without proper marketing, the sales of a product would dip and often the rate of sales determine the quality of the marketing that has gone behind a product.
There are departments that do client facing jobs and directly generate revenue. On the other hand there are departments that do back office works and ensures that the internal processes of the company are running smoothly. They are also equally important as if the company does not function at peace and if the employees are not satisfied the quality of the client deliverable will suffer. This will make the company lose its client and thereby adversely affect the growth of the company.
Human resource department is one of the fundamental departments in any organization. They are present in every company, irrespective of its size. The human resource department looks after the recruitment process, maintaining profiles of all the employees in an organization, internal finance like payroll and infrastructure costs, admin tasks, operation and many more. In short the human resource department deals with a lot of data of the company.
As the HR department has to store data from various units, it often takes the help of Enterprise Resource Planning Software. In this manner these data can be easily accessed and sorted in times of need. Thus human resource department and ERP software are closely interlinked.
Singapore has many companies functioning there. These companies have their human resource departments. Hence ERP software in Singapore is provided by many third party vendors. These ERP software in Singapore are of various kinds. They are a suite of applications that are running together or can be hosted on cloud where the internet is as a storage ground for all crucial information.
Any department that deals with data need an ERP system. As the human resource department collates and stores the data from these various departments, they need a unified platform where they can store these data and utilize them for making decisions at the right time. The ERP software helps with this function of the human resource department.